We use the best way of connecting to you in the world. We talk to you.
Hours: Sessions are by appointment only, and based on the availability of the therapist you see
Weekend and evening hours are usually available
$125.00 per 50-minute session, rates generally determinered by the insurance you hold. We are contracted with most insurances, and several EAP providers.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan including many HMOs and EAP services. Our office does accept most insurance and HMO/PPO/POS plans in Michigan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis. This is based on the availablity of staff and financial need of our patient.
Cash, check, and all major credit cards accepted for payment. On-line payments can be arranged by contacting our billing agency, Advantage Billing Inc. at 616 235 2090.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the treatment as booked.
Request an appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.
Receptionist issues: There have been several questions about why we do not have a receptionist on staff. The answer is as follows: .
1. As a matter of general practice only psychology practices that receive government funding have receptionist staff as it is required by contract. As Government contracts are generally highly paperwork intensive and limit the amount of time for client contact Inner Access has restricted it's interactions with government controlled therapy. This is especially true in small communities where government has little affect on funcing.
2.Scientific studies indicate that when message taking accuracy is considered computers, answering machings and voice mail are both more accurate message takers and are as a rule more trusted than human beings when recording a message for your therapist.
3. Our office has a committment to provide the same high quality of mental health and substance abuse service to individuals who have health insurance as those who have medicaid. If we were to hire a secretary our office would not be able to take insurances that pay less than the cost of doing business like medicaid does. Thus illiminating many individuals in our underserviced community.
4. A survey of very successful private practice psychologist in West Michigan revealed that the most successful therapists were the least likely to have receptionist staff working for them unless their office had physicians on staff. Such as Psychiatrists or family Physicians. In the case of physicians their patient per hour case load requires significant support staff. Counselors on the other had generally see one client per 75 minutes in the office.
Easy contact: text 616 570 9792 or 616 262 3997
Having insurance is not a guarantee that the insurance company will pay your bill at Inner Access Therapy Center. Our agreement is with you, not your insurance. To receive services here, you must know that you will be held responsible for paying the bill if your insurance does not pay, just as you pay for other doctor visits.
Client Billing Responsibilities
1. As a new client, it is your responsibility to contact your insurance agency and
A. Find out if the therapist you are seeing is an approved provider. We may have worked with your insurance before. B. Find out your co-pay amount.
C. Get approved (Authorized) to see the therapist, if this is required (pre-auth is not very commonly needed).
2. As a continuing client you are responsible to:
A. Understand the billing procedure, including the policy of charges for late cancellation or “no-show” appointment fees.
B. Pay your co-pays, deductibles, and fees regularly.
C. Keep receipts for future reference in case there are billing questions. We do not make payment adjustments without receipt
D. Notify the therapist of any changes in your insurance.
E. Notify your therapist if you are having difficulty paying your bill. Often we can arrange a payment plan to ease the financial burden and still provide the help you need.
IATC Billing Responsibilities
1. To tell you (if we know) if we are providers for your insurance.
2. To bill your insurance company for you unless you have decided to self-pay.
3. To provide you with a receipt at each visit. This records your date of service, therapist name, amount you paid, your next visit date, and the diagnosis code used for insurance. Keep your receipts - this will help with any billing questions/problems you may have later.
Collection Procedures / Failure to Pay
Please call us before it gets to this point!
Your original billing statements will be sent to Advantage Billing, Inc. for processing. You will contact them with questions. Phone number 616-235 2090
If you do not/cannot pay on your bill and do not contact them, the following happens:
1. You will be sent a “non-payment notice” and a Re-Billing Fee will be added to your account for these reasons:
A. You haven’t made a payment in 45 days.
B. You haven’t set up a payment plan.
2. If you do not respond to the “non-payment notice” within 10 days, you will not get regular billings, you will be put in a special “Collections Account” at Advantage Billing, and a 35% Collection Recovery Fee will be added to your account.
3. If you do not contact Advantage Billing within 30 days of being in Collections, your account is transferred from Inner Access Therapy Center to Receivable Management Partners - a collection agency.
Once you are in collections, your account belongs to RMP, all communications will be with them and not Inner Access Therapy Center. Your Credit Rating Will Be Affected!!
Client Financial and Treatment Agreement
We know that financial issues add to our client’s stress, and we will make every attempt to work with you if you keep open communication with us. This way we can focus on the mental health and other issues which brought you here.
All clients consent and understand:
1. Inner Access Therapy Center may assist in obtaining information about eligibility, co-pays, and deductibles from insurance carriers.
2. Clients are ultimately responsible for obtaining insurance authorizations, and knowing deductibles and co-pay information.
3. All clients agree to pay, at the time of service (unless otherwise arranged), these deductibles, co-pays and fees not paid by the insurance company.
4. Inner Access Therapy Center will bill insurance carriers for clients where that is acceptable by the insurance, but this does not affect the client’s ultimate responsibility for payment for all services.
5. The guarantor of the client is responsible for payment of services for the named client.
6. All clients agree to make all appointments on time.
7. All clients agree to notify Inner Access Therapy Center 24 Hours In Advance if an appointment needs to be canceled. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
8. All clients understand that if 24 hour advance notice of cancellation is not received by Inner Access Therapy Center, the client is responsible for payment of the clinical hour reserved for them with the therapist.
9. Payment of missed appointments is due within 5 days of that missed appointment.
10. Insurance companies do not pay for missed appointments.
11. “Chart Audits” may be requested for clarification of billings if the client feels unfairly charged, and a Chart Audit Fee will be added to the client account if the client is in error. (Please Keep Your Receipts.)
12. Checks returned for Insufficient Funds or Closed Account will cause a Returned Check Fee to be added to the client account.
You can request an appointment or ask a question by filling out the form below: